Thanks to the support of Academy 2 and partner projects, the wavecomplexity initiative will coordinate the Complex Wave Phenomena Season. It will feature a number of key events, connected by visits of guest researchers from all over the world who will offer research seminars and advanced lectures on complex wave phenomena including theoretical and experimental physics, earth sciences, mathematics and numerical modelling.
The full program is still under construction, but we may already announce a few dates:
- May 2022 the Waves And Complexity school: Nonlinearity, complex phenomena and universality for waves
- 16 June 2022 bringing together research and training with a 1-day workshop building on Pierre Delplace’s lecture on “Waves and topology: from mathematics to geosciences”
- June-july 2022 Dr. William Béthune from Tübingen will stay at Laboratoire Jean Alexandre Dieudonné and Laboratoire Lagrange, working on hydrodynamic transitions, inertial waves and optimal control in the context of astrophysical disks. On July 1st, he will talk about gravito-turbulence in accretion disks, please join!
- End july and beginning october 2022 Dr. Lukas Slodicka will stay at Institut de Physique de Nice. He will offer a doctoral lecture on October 6th about Introduction to ion trapping and single-ion quantum opto-spin-mechanics
- September 2022 lasers, lasers, everywhere: this will be the international workshop on Lasers, from nanoscale to PetaWatt.
- 10-14 october 2022 beyond the hype, Artificial Intelligence is working for waves: welcome to the AI4Waves Workshop at Inria Research Center at Université Côte d’Azur.
- November 2022 Prof. Alexander O. Korotkevich (from U. New Mexico) will stay at Institut de Physique de Nice and Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur. He will propose graduate/doctoral lectures on nonlinear waves and their applications and wave turbulence.
- 2-4 november 2022 Université Côte d’Azur will proudly welcome the 2022 edition of the Journées Singulières
We acknowledge the support of many running projects at Université Côte d’Azur for their contribution to this Complex Wave Phenomena season.